ALEX MORSE FOR CONGRESS invites you to join our team as a Summer Organizing Fellow.
Summer Organizing Fellowship
The ideal candidate should have an interest in people-powered movement building and be excited about supporting a progressive candidate and campaign. We’re especially excited about people who haven’t been able to volunteer or contribute formally to a campaign in the past, but are eager to do so. We welcome a diversity of applicants with a variety of skills and experiences.
Location: Berkshire, Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin or Worcester County
- Supporting the organizing, scheduling, building, and running of organizing events, including making direct invite calls
- Following up with every attendee and volunteer
- Data entry/helping to maintain databases
- Writing phone bank scripts for volunteers
- Research to support building our campaign
Note: Due to the COVID-19 crisis, our campaign’s engagement program is in flux. As a result, primary responsibilities for Organizing Fellows may deviate from those listed above. We are looking for fellows who are open to learning new skills and helping out in a variety of ways during this unprecedented crisis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of or ability to learn campaign software
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficient in Google Drive, including Sheets, Docs, and Gmail
- Preferred interest in planning, organizing, and carrying out events
- Strong communicator
This is a part-time, unpaid position with a time commitment of 15-20 hours per week. Fellowships start on a rolling basis and last until Sept. 1st.
Note: Over the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, all fellows will work virtually.
How To Apply
Alex Morse for Congress does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
This is a policy failure. We need Medicare for All. https://t.co/HoLgEtjqlz
Our movement is growing. I'm grateful to be endorsed by Justin Hurst, President of the Springfield City Council,… https://t.co/TOv0kYZ65b
FACT: Richard Neal ranks #2 in the House for most corporate PAC money. In his entire career, he's only received 2… https://t.co/Mmc8nz6Np2
Q2 was our best fundraising quarter of the campaign, with 5,800 donations from all 50 states and $322,000. I’m so… https://t.co/9M8mvrNl3f
"We are in the middle of the greatest economic and technological transformation in the history of our country, yet… https://t.co/U5N7JOHdOJ
When in Congress, I will vote to cut military spending. https://t.co/MHUY8shMHt
...and as a powerful chairman, I will continue to do nothing to hold him accountable. https://t.co/ZW3JuAB3LT https://t.co/7BTEs5bjS5